Sunday, March 24, 2013

Behind every strong woman

I've watched two movies recently, The Iron Lady and The Lady. Both movies show the lives of two known great women of the world, Margaret Thatcher and Aang San Suu Kyi.







I admit, I only known these two from history. I did not know what was their story. I loved both movies, it was inspiring and I noticed that both women had also something in common, a strong husband by their side.

In both movies, Margaret's husband, Denis and Suu Kyi's British husband, Michael Aris, were both firm supporters of their wives' political ambitions and beliefs. Even if both women are stubborn both men were always there to love their wives.







I love this idea - that even if both considered as someone strong, someone from their backs is there to make them stronger. Their husbands never left their side even on their last breath - yes, unfortunately as we all know they're both dead.

If ever I decide to marry, I wish to have someone like Denis or Michael and be a stronger woman for the world to see and feel.

I know, a bit ambitious, but we're all free to wish right? ;-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment