Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Softie self

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. - Sunscreen, Baz Luhrman

I thought of this just now when I rekindled and summarized my 5-day vacation. I did not do anything grand like what I did on my birthday (solo trip to El Nido, Palawan just to brag lolz). It was my normal annual vacation it's just that I needed this every year to remind myself of some important things that I forget in the city.

Staying in the city makes me hard. Most of the people around me are very supportive but at the same time they give me this immense pressure of making it on my own. Staying in the province though gives me time for myself. This is the place where I ran, biked and swam (I realized I was afraid of swimming alone, I need to have a companion to do this.). This also gives me time to be connected again to my kinsfolk. I love them and this is the opportunity to at least bond with them.

Those things made me soft, at least, one of the things that makes me soft is my dog, my mom and then this guy - Yes, the one who will never ever love me back because I don't know how to make him (loo *cough* ser). But at the same time, it is the dog who mostly does the job. He kind of reminds me how God works and makes me happy somehow, I just wish he doesn't destroy a LOT of things. One day I could not afford to buy back everything he destroys. Anyway, one day, I hope I can bring him to the province so that he could also run in the rice fields and meet the other dogs in the province (which I hope doesn't have any rabies because I want him and us to live longer).

I admit to gaining weight during my one-week stay. I realized it when I returned, but the heck with it. I can lose it back, but I could not return the benefits this trip has caused me. I am somehow reminded of my stronger self, brought back some mojos I keep losing everyday in the city. I look forward to more of this in the future.

Cheerio!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment