Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Choreography by Chris Scott

Thing is when I find something amazing, i get obsessed by it. Tonight, my head's full of caffeine, sugar and curiousity, I decided to go and check the youtube for the So You Think You Can Dance show routines.

I am a fan of the show, I really just don't wait for each and every episode but I try and check for youtube vids for the routines. So far, Mia Michaels and Sonya Tayeh have been my favorite choreographers there esp for the contemporary dances, so galing (my faves have been Gravity by Kayla and Kupono and Bleeding Love by Mark and Chelsey). But, as I switched from video to video, I came upon Cyrus'(Glitch) finale dance with Twitch, Comfort and the choreographer himself Chris Scott. The choreography stunned me to my seat. It even included the cinematography/scene timing (or whatever you guys call it) on the dance. Uh-MAZING! 

Then I came across one video of his interview citing his works. And then I learned he's the one who choreographed Step Up 2. Another Uh-MAZING moment! (with Jaw drop, yes that Amazing!). 

I remember being this amazed with Wade Robson when I learned he's the one who choreographed Britney's and N Sync's video. I liked these two because in the dances they have made, you can feel the passion and the art of the whole dance process. It just gives me the chills.

Mind you, I don't dance gracefully. I dance for fitness before, sloppily may I add, I just happen to follow all music vids and live concerts before so that I can follow some dance routine. But, I love the art of dancing, just like the other forms of art. What makes dancing special is that you convey the choreographer's or the dancer's message, passion and feelings thru dancing, without any words. Sometimes, the best dances come from the most passionate choreographers and dancers. I really have high respect for these people. 

So for now, let me worship Chris Scott's works by sharing with you some of the stuff he choreographed that I saw on youtube. I hope you like it like I do. Good nightie from my side of the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment