Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eating Alone

I usually eat alone. I remember a friend telling me that I look kawawa when nobody is there to eat with me. I look on the other side of the coin and said to her, "I don't think so".

I am a person who, whenever compelled to eat with someone, doesn't want to shut up while eating. Sometimes though, I talk too much, I become a blabbermouth telling every drama every minute detail of my boring life. I sometimes hate it, it makes me goe home feeling robbed of some my deepest, darkest, secret information. I just can't help but to talk! If I'm not the one talking, I would listen to the other person on the other side of the table talking. I hate in-between-silences. I find it too awkward. In eating alone though, I don't have to go through that. I don't have to stress myself in thinking what to say and I can go home with the thoughts in my head safe and sound.

Also, I would like to do things as quickly as possible. In choosing the food that I would like to have, I already have something in mind. I would just have to look for it, hello saved time. When you eat with someone/with a group, it will take you forever just to decide where to eat. Hello impatient me. Nowadays, whenever I am in a group, I would usually decide so that we could all save time.

Of course there is peace in eating alone, you get to think clearly, plan ahead and enjoy your food without having anyone waiting for you to finish. And no, I eat faster than you think, I just thought this one while writing this. Gah!

It's not that I don't enjoy the company of other people. I definitely do, as I said to one of my friends, it's different when you eat with someone. It's just that I enjoy random times like these to eat alone and write a blog post just to keep me occupied (haha now you know why I am writing this).

Anyhoo, it's liberating also to eat alone. I feel invisible in the middle of this mall food court even though inside of my head, you know I have so much more to say. Oh well, I have to finish my munggo and head back home. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment