Sunday, February 2, 2014

Comfort of strangers

Most of my friends are abroad, one recently left the country with her family to work at Hongkong. These people are my closest friends and yet they're far. 

I recently had a bout with depression, and good thing one of those friends was still here and I was able to reach out with her and also with some of my other friends here. But of course, they're also busy with their own lives and I don't want to be the one dragging them down and be a burden. I sometimes try to catch up but when I'm always down, I could not just call them and take them out of their happy lives. I'm not a happy life sucker like that.

So, what does a person with no close friends do? Me, my first plight is become busy. Nowadays, I'm busy training for my first marathon and doing household chores whenever I'm home, bought books to read to preoccupy my idle times and then there's my online life. 

Then, when worse comes to worst, and the loneliness keeps rubbing it in my face that I am all so alone. I usually seek comfort of strangers, i talk to random strangers along the way. The manong whom I leave my bag before I run, (Name's Manny by the way) the girl who sells french fries at Eton Centris and the other girl who sells waffles also at the same mall, the driver of the vehicle I am on, sometimes people at the MRT, just anyone. I just need to talk and also I want to listen. 

Not that I share my problems to them, I usually just talk about the situation then hear them out from then on. I sometimes feel being accompanied on those times, and sometimes it's just what I need. And this is what most people around me miss, I think they're all happy with their lives that they don't bother mine.

I am not really a person who reaches out, I sought out when I was soo down. I needed to talk it out. I guess, now, I just need someone around my circle to notice and say "Hey, are you alright? Wanna talk it out?" 

Of course, that's not gonna happen. Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment